If you know what is good for your dog, you will agree with me that jump up and down from high elevation isn’t safe for your dog.
Depending on the dog size, assisting won’t be difficult but if the dog is big, you would need a Dog Ramp to make it more convenient for your dog to be able to climb.
Here, I have compiled a list of the Best Dogs Ramps to make it easier for you to choose the one that best fits you.
Some of the ramps are designed for cars, some for trucks, some for pool and many more (even for boats).
So, from beds to stairs, boats to pools, and even cars or SUVs. Our reviewed list covers what we have termed as “2019 best buy” when it comes to Dog Ramp, to help you in making the right choice.
Best Dog Ramps 2019
This dog ramps carry different prices and serve some specific purposes, picking the one that best solves your need is my advice.
However, each the dog ramps are good enough to be able to make this list of the best ramps for dog 2019.
1. Pet Gear Ramp for Dogs – Best for Trucks
Some dogs are just too heavy to life and such dos need the Pet Gear Ramp to help them climb to your truck.
The ramp is a free-standing ramp, it does not need to be attached to a vehicle and it is an excellent choice for large dogs as they can support extra weight without excess wobbling or bending.
Just like other ramps made for dogs, the Pet Gear Ramp is packed with an impressive feature which includes;
- Compact tri-folding pet ramp can travel anywhere
- Skid-resistant surface offers safe, sure footing
- Supports pets up to 200 pounds
- Free standing
- Folds open in seconds, Textured surface provides traction and sure footing
- Measures 71 in. (L) x 19.5 in. (W) x 4 in. (H)
- To enhance the quality of the Pet Gear ramp, it comes with a carpeted tread which is a great choice for pets with long nails, providing them with an extra gripping surface and the carpet tread is removable and washable for easy cleaning.
- Wide enough that the dog can not step out by accident
- The surface is pretty much sandpaper glued to the top. Easily replaceable when worn off
- Perfect for larger dogs even up to 200lb
- Easily fit on truck and back of car or SUV
- Has a built-in carrying handle and a locking swivel that holds the ramp from unfolding by itself when stored
- Heavy, weighing up to 29lb
2. Solvit PUPSTEP Hitch Step – Best for Car Boot
Having to always lift your dog in and out of the car can be a very challenging and if you have been facing this, its time to get a good dog ramp for car boot, this would help your dog to enter and come out from the car easily without stressing you.
The innovative HitchSTEP from Solvit is the perfect solution for pet parents who want an alternative to ramps for helping their heavy pups access the back of the vehicle.
The patent-pending, two-step design makes it easy for pets to climb up and down, and even easier for you to swivel it up and out of the way when not in use.
This ramp is all you need to resign from lifting your dog in and out of your car any time you want to go out. The car boot dog ramp is definitely worth your money.
This is the solution for dog parents who either has a dog with mobility issues or a smaller dog who can’t make the jump up to your SUV.
- Good for large and small dogs
- Easy to install
- Adjusted to fit the heights of different vehicles, including pickup trucks
- Wide enough
- Quite expensive
- The adapter is sold separately
Overall I am pretty impressed with the Solvit HitchSTEP Ramp for Dogs, it meets the needs of those who are lacking in storage space but need a ramp that is capable of maintaining the weight of any size of a dog. It is known on the market as being the lightest and most compact ramp available.
3. Pet Gear Easy Step Bed Stair for Dogs – Best for Bed
Its deep steps give your dog the ability to get their entire body on each platform and a shorter step height makes climbing the stairs easier for pint-sized pets. The new space-saving design allows the stairs to wrap snuggly around furniture taking up less room in your home.
These stairs feature a hinged back panel that lifts up for easy access to storage space underneath the stairs, a carpet treads that can easily be removed and are machine washable.
The setup is literally “a snap” as the stair easily to assemble together and you don’t need any tools.
I must admit that the stair is spacious but it is worth space if you want to make climbing easy for your small dog. It can be arranged in an “L” shape layout (which takes up less space in the room) or just one straight line.
- Perfect for small to medium dog weighing up to 75 pounds
- Easy to assemble
- Removable carpet tread are machine washable and easy to remove
- Rubber grippers on bottom keep stairs secure and in place; easily snaps together
- Specifically for small and medium dogs
- A bit expensive
4. Pet Loader Light – Best Folding Dog Ramp
The next up on the list is a foldable dog ramp from Pet Loader. This is a high-quality ramp and requires spending more to get this ramp. Pet Loader light comes in different models, ranging from three to five steps.
The steps can completely be folded down making it more convenient to use and easy to store. This step is very suitable to put your dog into your car, SUV, van, truck, trailer, or camper. The five step model is one of the longest dog ramps you can find.
The Pet Loader Light is made of ABS plastic with a wider platform than our Mini or Ultra Light models, making it ideal for the medium to large size dogs.
This ramp is light in weight and folds down to a mere 7-1/4″ for easy portability and storage and expands easily. It can safely rest on the rear bumper, and you measure the height from the ground to where the top platform would rest on your vehicle
- Folds and expands easily
- Extra long dog ramp
- It’s very sturdy, solid and sure footed
- Has a built-in carrying handle for easy pickup
- Light weight
- Perfect for senior giant breeds
- NOT for side entry vehicles
5. Pet Gear Slip Resistant Ramp for Dogs – Best Free Standing
The ramp is easy to fold for compact storage and very suitable for pets up to 300-Pounds.
The ramp is sturdy and made with a”non-slip” material. Apart from standing freely, the ramp is wider and this makes the dogs feel more comfortable going up and down.
This secure and stable dog ramp comes in three different styles, slip resistant, carpeted and supertraX, they are suitable for dogs sizes up to 300 pounds with a dimension of 55″L x 19.25″W x 23″H (139.7cm x 48.9cm x 58.4cm).
The outside edges are raised for safety and the bottom is equipped with rubberized grippers for secure placement.
The good thing about Free-standing ramps is that they do not need to be attached to a vehicle and they are an excellent choice for large dogs as they can support extra weight without excess wobbling or bending.
- Rubberized grippers for secure placement
- Free standing, no need for attachments
- Slip-resistant surface provides sure footing
- Carpet is machine washable
- Good for small medium and large size dogs weighing under 300 pounds
- The ramp is quite steep at the angle
- It’s short for SUV and it’s not adjustable
6. Arf Pets Wood Dog Stairs – Best Wooden Dog Ramp for Bed
The steps are made with a classy durable fabric-lined step to protect your pet’s paws and prevent slippage. This is a great choice for indoor and bedroom ramps.
What we like most about this ramp is that it is adjustable and foldable, making it a great choice for travel and storage.
The height of the steps is adjustable between 21.5” and 25.5” high, and 17” Wide and they are suitable for small and large dogs.
- The adjustable and foldable design makes it easy for travel and storage
- Suitable for both small and large dogs
- Safety side rails are built into the design to protect your dog
- Not for outdoor or car
7. Pet Supplies Foam Dog Stairs – Best Couch Dog Ramp
These dog stairs are the perfect accessory for helping your little pup or kitty reach that high couch.
The ramps are available in 3-step (13.5” high), 4-step (18”), and 5-step (22.5”) and can easily be configured to match your furniture’s height.
They come covered in a removable ultra-soft fleece-like fabric and can be washable. It also comes with a replacement cover for our dog steps and ramps to give you the freedom to switch up the look whenever you want.
The steps are completely made with the high quality mattress foam that is firm for stability but gentle enough for aching joints and all sizes of the steps come with a removable cover for easy maintenance. The bottom is made with an anti-slip that enable’s your dog to will climb effortlessly with confidence. Steps can support pets up to150 lbs.
The largest size is 22 1/2″ inches in high, this would give your dog access to higher places within your home. While the medium reaches 19″ in height, allowing for a simple climb to reach a snuggle session. And the small steps are 13 1/2″ tall, for a simple boost up to a favourite window sill.
- Made with an anti-slip bottom to provide stability
- All sizes of steps come with a completely removable cover
- Affordable, less than $100
- Perfect for both short and high couch and bed
- The outer cover is easily removable and is machine washable
- Not for outdoor or car
8. Solvit PetSafe Extra-Long Dog Ramp – Best for Pickup
The extra size and extra length provide a more gentle and comfortable climbing angle and extra walking space to help dogs reach those high elevations.
The ramp is lightweight and weighing 18 lbs., and can support over 300 lbs. with no bending!
It’s very compact, making it easy to use and store. It is made with the combination aluminium and plastic design to make a solid combination of size, strength and lightweight.
The surface of the ramp is made of a high-traction walking surface to give your dog a sure footing, especially on steep climbs. And its Ultra-stiff design utilizes four rubber feet to keep the ramp stable while in use. The raised rails designed on both sides of the walking surface help your dog to feel more secure walking up and down.
- Can be fully extended or shortened depending on the space
- Extra long dog ramp for very high elevations
- Comes with accessories such as Ramp Carry Case and Side Door Ramp Adapter
- No clumsy folding and unfolding required
- Utilizes four rubber feet to keep the ramp stable while in use
- A bit expensive
- Designed specifically for pets and not for humans
9. Petstep Folding Dog Ramp – Best for Large Dogs
The PetSTEP Dog Ramp is the perfect accessory to help your heavy dog climb in and out of the back seat and the side door of your car as well as on and off tables/furniture such as exam tables, sofas, beds or even up and down stairs with ease.
This ramp has a gentle slope that provides assistance to dogs that cannot leap onto high surfaces. PetSTEP is made from high-quality plastic materials, which makes it sturdy and durable.
The ramp is a lightweight portable ramp, weighing just 18.5 lbs and can be folded in half and has moulded ergonomic handles built in on each side making it easy to carry and store. Also, its easy to setup and low on maintenance, this ramp can be cleaned with soap and water.
The base of this ramp maintains traction which helps secure the ramp in place as dogs use it to climb up or down. This ramp has an industry-leading 500 lb capacity that accommodates dogs of all shapes and sizes. Keeping your pets from jumping in and out and it’s for use with 4 legged animals only.
- Industry-Leading 500lbs capacity for extra large dogs
- Convenient cut-out handles on both sides
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- 5 years warranty
- Will not rust or corrode and can be cleaned with soap and water
- Quite expensive
- Not for human use
10. PawHut Adjustable 3-Step Dog Stairs – Best Affordable
This PawHut Adjustable Dog stair is actually for you if you are one of those looking for cheap dog ramp.
Pawhut combines looks and function with indoor wooden stairs to help assist your dog to reach higher hights around the house.
The ramp is made of sturdy wood construction exudes beauty with its espresso finish. The Carpet on the stairs reduces the chance of accidental slipping.
They feature a height adjustable design and the steps fold down for easy storage and transport. Whether your pet is older, ailing or simply needs help this dog step stool can give them the assurance they need to move with confidence.
Keep your pets happy and safe with the Pawhut Indoor Folding Wooden Pet Stairs. They are very easy and quick to fold and slip under the bed or into the closet. Above all, the ramp is very cheap and currently on sale under $50.
- Built using a classic espresso finish with elegant design to provide a warm accent to any room decor
- Stair height is adjustable to fit different uses and can be folded for storage when not in use
- Steps are covered with soft and durable paw-friendly carpet for added traction and comfort
- Hardwood supporting legs so the stairs are sturdy enough to hold up to 66 lbs
- Very affordable with quality material
- Not for human use
- Just for indoor and can’t be used for outdoor activities
Dog Ramp Buyers Guide
For those who don’t know, Dog Ramps come with several things that you will need to consider before you spend your hard earned money. They have different available dimensions as well as been made with different kind of materials and support for different sizes of dogs.
What is a Dog Ramp?
Dog ramps are portable pieces that help dogs get around safely and are perfectly suited for indoor and outdoor uses. They can be store bought or custom made, depending on the unique needs of your dog and there are many different types of ramps. The most common designs are;
- Bi-Fold Ramps: Folds in half
- Tri-fold Ramps: Folds twice.
- Free-Standing Ramps: These do not need to be attached to a vehicle and are an excellent choice for large dogs as they can support extra weight without excess wobbling or bending.
Ramps also come with different surface materials such as;
- Carpeted ramps – which are removable and washable, and excellent for dogs with long nails. This ensures an extra surface grip for them and the soft thread on the carpet fibre feels gentle on their paws as well… and
- Grip tape (with or without reflective markings) – which provide extra safety when loading and unloading your dog. The high contrast markings also aid in guiding your dog up and down the ramp.
What to Look Out For
A dog ramp helps your dog to reach higher heights, they are good for dogs that have high beds or when a dog want to climb a truck, car or SUV that are high. Dog ramps make it easy for them to reach higher places.
In this list of Best Dog Ramps, we considered ramps that are sturdy and provides a safe non-slip platform for a dog’s to avoid an accident. All the ramps have been properly researched before making it to this our list. However, here are some things to look out for.
DESIGNED FOR STABILITY:
When buying a dog ramp considering the stability is very important, you need to consider the size of your dog and the capacity of the ramp if it can be stable for your dog. Some ramps are made for Large dogs, some are for medium dogs while some are specially made for small dogs.
The design is also very important especially for indoor dog ramps, some are beautifully designed while others are ruggedly designed. Some are for indoor purpose while some are for an outdoor purpose, you have to consider the usage, though some are multipurpose (suitable for both indoors and outdoor usage).
Some of the ramps are heavily designed will some lightweight and can easily be moved around.
Very important also, some of the ramps are made with plastic while some are made with high quality form (like the ramps for a couch). If the ramp is for an outdoor purpose, the once made with plastic would be a better choice.
Some that come with a cover is machine washable while the once made with plastics can easily be cleaned with water and soap.
You need to consider your budget, some of them carry a hefty price will some are moderately priced as well as some are very cheap. Your budget is what would determine the quality and the kind of ramp you can buy.
A good ramp must;
- Be durable and sturdy
- The surface must provide a safe non-slip platform to assure your dog safety
- Foldable for easy storage
- Made with high quality material
- Long enough to solve your problem
Considerably, the market of wireless routers has a lot of saturation, and finding the perfect ramp for your dog is not easy. That’s when mega lists like these come into play. This top 10 list of dog ramps kept in mind things like the customer’s need and how much they are willing to spend to get a ground ramp for their loved dog to help them climb higher elevations.
We hope the list helps you pick the best dog ramp according to your budget. Keep in mind, there’s no such thing as a “perfect” ramp, which is why each dog ramp is designed for the needs of different consumers and used for different purposes.
Within the list, there are ramps for budget oriented consumers and for those that have extra money to spend to get the best quality for their dogs. In case you think we missed a good dog ramp, you can let us know