I understand how annoying it is to see your dog’s hair littered everywhere in the house and I know that’s the reason you’re looking for the Best Dog Hair Vacuum to rid of them.
The truth is, some vacuum works better than others when it comes to picking up dog hairs and that is why there are vacuums specially designed to pick up your dog’s hair from the carpet, hardwood floors, sofas and everywhere else in the house.
However, finding those vacuum’s that are designed to pick up dog’s hair is not easy and that is why we have created a list of Best Dog Hair Vacuum of 2019. After researching online and major eCommerce stores we have shortlisted the top 10 dog hair vacuum which you can buy right now.
Best Dog Hair Vacuum 2019
These vacuums are of different types and some carry a hefty price-tag. But, however, they are good enough to make it to our list of the top 10 Best Dog Hair Vacuum 2019.
1. Shark Rotator TruePet Vacuum – Upright Vacuum
For sure, this vacuum is a bit expensive but it is really worth the price. This is an ultimate pet hair cleaning tool for all surfaces. Shark’s TruePet is a full-sized 2-in-1 powered Lift-Away upright vacuum with a detachable canister for portable cleaning.
With the touch of a button, you can easily switch from Hard Floor to Carpet Mode cleaning. It uses a powered Lift-Away technology that allows you to lift the canister away and deep clean hard-to-reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning.
Armed with Advanced Swivel Steering and powerful LED lights on the hand vac and nozzle, this vacuum has a completely sealed system with a HEPA filter to trap dust and allergens. The vacuum comes with a Hard Floor Hero attachment that is perfect for picking up dog hairs.
One of the great I like about this vacuum is that it will vacuum area rugs without sucking them into the vacuum. If you have a couple of area rugs that do not have have a lot of surface tension to the floor, you can clean them with this motorized pet unit. It works just great.
The thing I don’t really like about this vacuum is that the fine dust is captured by the filter and the felt pad and post motor HEPA. This will make the machine lose suction quicker that is why Sharks recommended that the filters be washed in every 3 months.
But periodically dusting the foam filter after any appreciable amount of vacuuming would be the best option.
The Shark is packed with an impressive list of features;
- Easy fingertip controls to power On/Off and easily switch from Hard Floor to Carpet Mode
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter
- Advanced Swivel Steering and powerful LED lights on the hand vac and nozzle
- has a motorized brush that gives you deep cleaning power in the palm of your hand
- The machine is corded, bagless, HEPA filtration and a Washable filter
- Detachable canister
- Product Dimensions: 13.2 x 11.9 x 45 inches
- Weight: 15.4 lbs
- LED Lights: On Floor Nozzle
- Dust Cup Capacity (to max fill line): 0.9 dry quarts
- Cord Length: 30 feets
- Bagged is better but who wants to pay for extra bags, that’s why the Shark Rotator is Bagless
- The mini MOTORIZED brush tool is an excellent tool for picking up dog hair
- Works well on both carpet and hardwood
- Nice bright LEDs on the novel that helps navigate dark corners
- The hose does not kink
- Doesn’t work well with a nylon material
- You need to dust the foam filter after any serious amount of vacuuming
Above all, is it’s a very good cleaning machine for its price and you can see some huge amount of measurable benefits and enjoy the versatility that this machine has.
2. Eureka Mite Corded Vacuum – Canister Vacuum
The Mighty Mite canister vacuum is equipped with powerful brush rolls to deep clean carpets and a full set of tools are provided for speciality cleaning such as stairs, hardwood and upholstery.
This canister vacuum can easily pick up dust and dog hair. It is also convenient for cleaning the insides of a car because it sucks up dirt and other small particles from under the seats as well as the sides.
This lightweight canister vacuum weighs less than 9 pounds and provides value to its customers, it is a sleek new compact canister that does well on carpets or rugs and ideal for vacuuming bare floors, wood floors and tiles.
It has a 20-foot power cord with a quick release that allows you to take it with you wherever you go. Storage is never a problem because of its compact size.
The Eureka mite corded is packed with an impressive list of features that includes;
- Has a dust bag and motor filter that plays a very important role in the efficiency of the vacuum cleaner
- The blower port hose is detachable from the front side of the canister and can be attached to the blower port on the back side of the canister
- Lightweight makes this vacuum easy to carry throughout the house
- The suction level is adjustable from low to maximum
- The machine is corded
- Its bag and filter is replaceable
- Auto shut-off protects against overheating
- The extension wand provides extra long reach to remove dirt from every surface
- Product Dimensions: 18.2 x 13.6 x 13.6 inches
- Weight: 10 lbs
- Cord Length: 20 feets
- Lightweight and easy to carry around
- Has a Pet hair removal attachment that is perfect for picking up dog hairs
- Works on both carpet, rugs and hardwood
- The body of the unit is made of very sturdy, thick plastic and the wheels are solid and work well
- The hose is also thick plastic and does not kink
- This vacuum has a lot of sucking power and has a sliding piece that can be opened or closed depending on how much power you need
- No LED light
- To keep the cleaner operating at maximum efficiency, the dust bag needs to be changed frequently and the filter needs to be cleaned regularly
3. Bissell Powerglide Vacuum – Latest for Pet Hair
The Bissell power glide pet upright vacuum is a versatile solution for cleaning many of the surfaces of your house, especially for homes with pets.
This is an on/off triple action brush roll with two bristle types for versatile cleaning performance. On the carpet, the bristles work together to clean embedded dirt and hair while on hard surfaces, the long, silk-like bristles gently brush and remove fine debris.
It uses a suction channel technology that provides edge-to-edge cleaning and guarantees no loss of suction that will enable you pick-up more and its 9x multi-cyclonic separation helps keep dirt out of your filters, extending the life of your filter and vacuum.
The machine has a smart seal Allergen system that helps capture dust and allergens inside the vacuum and a Febreze pet odour eliminator filter that eliminates pet odours as you vacuum.
- Designed with a Tangle-Free technology that hair is less likely to wrap around the brush roll
- Has an extension wand that gives you a longer reach for cleaning high areas
- The Febreze Pet Odor Eliminator Filter eliminates pet odours and freshens as you vacuum and the filter is washable
- The On/Off Brush Roll is a powerful feature for scatter-free suction.
- The hose has an incredible reach and is very flexible and soft.
- The vacuum has a separate power switch for the beater bar so you can turn it off when doing hard floors
- Product Dimensions: 12.6 x 12.2 x 44.8 inches
- Item Weight: 17.2 lbs
- Brush Roll Type: Triple Action
- Cord Length: 27 ft.
- Bagless: Yes
- Warranty: 5-Year Limited
- Almost self-propelled while in use, it really wants to GO and you may need to hold it back
- Incredible for cleaning and elimination of pet hair and pet odor
- Easy to empty the dirt cup, you will want to vacuum more just for the thrill
- The swivel head can easily move around
- It is heavy. So, it’s very fortunate that it kinda pulls you along
- The dirt cup is too small! You will have to empty it quite frequently. Like that of Eureka, for example, is twice the size
- The noise may bother you if you are mostly used to the quiet of a $500 machine
4. Bissell Cleanview Bagless Vacuum – Upright Vacuum
Unlike other vacuums that require you to go over the same floor area multiple times before they vacuum up all of the debris, this Bissell Clean View upright vacuum is engineered with One Pass technology that has powerful suction plus an innovative brush design to clean on the initial pass.
The machine has a multi-cyclonic system for lasting, a powerful suction plus a lightweight design that’s easy to push and carry around, the Bissell Clean View is the perfect combination of form and function.
the machine has a multi-level filtration with a washable filter that helps reduce household dust and allergens. Also, this vacuum is equipped with a large-capacity, bottom-empty dirt bin for quick, mess-free emptying.
The Bissell Clean View includes specialized tools for cleaning those hard to reach areas, tools like dusting brush, crevice tool, and turbo brush tool that are perfect for cleaning furniture, stairs, upholstery, and more comes with the machine.
The wand extension feature helps capture dirt and debris high and low places, it can be used on its own or with an attached tool like the crevice tool, dusting brush, or TurboBrush. Great for cleaning ceilings, ceiling fans, and baseboards without straining your back.
Also, the machine has a mini rotating brush roll that works to agitate dirt, debris, and pet hair in your carpet while powerful suction lifts it from your carpet and upholstery. Perfect for vacuuming carpeted stairs, upholstery, and more.
- Onepass technology with powerful suction and innovative brush design to clean on the initial pass
- Multi-Level filtration with a washable filter helps reduce household dust and allergens
- Extended cleaning reach with a 25-foot power cord, 6-foot hose, and 13.5 inch cleaning Path
- Has a 2-liter-capacity dirt bin equipped with bottom Easy Empty for quick
- Equipped with five height adjustments for multi-surface cleaning
- Product Dimensions: 13.2 x 13.5 x 44 inches
- Item Weight: 15.4 pounds
- Cord Length: 25 ft.
- Hose Length: 6 ft.
- Tank Capacity: 2.0 Liter
- Warranty: 2-Year Limited
- Tools Included: TurboBrush Tool, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, Extension Wand
- The 27 ft makes it ideal for wide range cleaning
- powerful suction
- Affordable, less than $100
- Innovative brush design specifically for pet hairs cleaning
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- The 6-foot hose may be short to some persons
- Dirt cup capacity of 2 Liter is small
5. Dyson DC41 Upright Vacuum – Updated Model
The Dyson DC41 Animal Complete is a Dyson Ball upright vacuum cleaner for powerful all-around dirt and to remove pet hair. The machine’s cleaner head has an active base plate, which self-adjusts automatically for optimal contact with all floor types.
On hard floors, the base plate lowers to create an efficient seal, and the brush bar lifts clear off the floor to protect delicate surfaces. On carpet, the base plate rises and the brush bar lowers for optimum bristle penetration, removing ground-in dirt and pet hair from different depths of carpet pile.
And because the cleaner head adjusts automatically, there are no dials and you don’t need to bend down to make adjustments.
Compared to the DC07, the DC41 seemed to have about the same level of workmanship and sturdiness but updated the features are a little better and I liked that the cord length is longer and the DC41 is much quieter, lighter, and smaller, especially at the front of the vacuum.
This means that you can finally vacuum underneath the cabinetry in the living room (the DC07 was too bulky to fit underneath). And of course, the DC41 is much more manoeuvrable due to the ball. The air filters are HEPA and should be washed every 3 months (Dyson recommendation).
- Self-Adjusting cleaner head that creates the optimum cleaner head contact for every floor type
- The Tangle-Free Turbine tool has a counter-rotating head with integrated brushes for removing pet hair and dirt since there’s no brush bar for hair to wrap around
- Has a long-reach wand for cleaning stairs and hard-to-reach places – it stretches up to 5 times in length
- No Extra Costs the cleaners are designed such that the bags and filters is not replaceable, no bag and a washable filter.
- The Dyson DC41 comes with a 5-year warranty for both the parts and labor
- Product Dimensions: 10.7 x 11.5 x 36.4 inches
- Item Weight: 17.1 lbs
- Cleaner Head Technology : Self-adjusting
- Hose Length: 15.4 ft
- Max Reach: 51 ft
- Cord Length: 35ft
- Bin Capacity: 0.55 gal
- Suction Power: 235 a/w
- Air leaks reductions and retaining suction power on all floor types
- The wand stretches up to 5 times in length
- The bin of the DC41 Animal Complete empties with the push of a button
- A lot quitier than its previous model DC07
- Too expensive
- The cord needs to be completely unwrapped before the attachments can be used because the top cord hook is attached to the hose
6. Kenmore 81614 Vacuum – Canister Vacuum for Pet
The Kenmore 600 Series Bagged Canister Vacuum with Pet PowerMate is a versatile cleaning convenience for pesky pet hair, allergen-inducing dust and inconvenient crumbs are no match for it’s cleaning power.
This handy small appliance tackles hardwood, laminate and carpet with ease thanks to its multipurpose all-floors design.
A POP-N-GO floor brush located in the front storage case makes quick work of messes while a motorized Pet PowerMate attachment lifts stubborn hair, dander and more from carpeting, baseboards and furniture without issue.
The machine is a bit heavier overall, but once you’re in an area to vacuum, it’s super convenient because the handle is super light and easy to maneuver. You can VERY quickly change out of the main head, and use the attachments, as they’re right there near your hands.
This is an ideal vacuum for anyone finding it difficult to get rid of dogs hair from couches and car seat. The attachment that comes with the machines does a great job in picking up dogs hair.
- 2 floor nozzles with convenient and exclusive Pop-n-Go bare floor brush system
- Motorized pet hair brush and 2 additional versatile cleaning tools with onboard storage
- Telescoping Wand for easy above floor and extended reach cleaning
- Detachable handle for thorough cleaning on furniture and tight spaces
- This Vacuum utilizes the Canister HEMPA Bags, 2-Pack and/or 6-pack
- Product Dimensions 27.9 x 16.2 x 13.8 inches
- Cord length is 28 ft
- Item Weight 22 pounds
- Cord Storage : Retractable
- Replacement Exhaust Filter EF-11 (2730) correlates with this Vacuum
- 2-floor nozzles with convenient and exclusive Pop-n-Go bare floor brush system.
- Has an Integrated Bare Floor Nozzle
- The automatic cord rewind will quickly recoil the cord for convenient storage.
- Easy to push because
- The machine has a high-pitched whistle that literally loud
7. Miele Compact C1 – Turbo Brush Canister Vacuum
This model does well across the board, doing exceptionally well at cleaning carpets and collecting pet hair.
This is great for those that are fans of canister vacuums and the machine has a reputation online at being extremely reliable and having a long lifespan.
The machine features an AllTeQ Combination Floorhead, which is ideal for cleaning low-pile carpeting and smooth flooring.
The Miele Compact C1 pure suction is a powerful vacuum with a space saving design. Packaged with the sbd285-3 rug and floor combination nozzle it is designed to clean all your low pile carpeting and hard floors comfortably.
The quietness of the machine is really awesome, something we have looked for in other machines. Attachments include around swivelling dust brush, a crevice tool, and a 5” upholstery foot. The motor has 6 power settings, and the floor brush has 2 height settings.
This canister vacuum has a small bag and is intended for small spaces with parquet or flat flooring and has a low-grade carpet. It is not intended for large jobs, or with high-grade carpets as it not equipped with a suction-rolling brush. It does a great job at picking up your dog’s hair and dirt that you would not a machine with a bigger bag.
- A robust Vortex Motor System that provides powerful suction and precise adjustment
- Provides a total cleaning radius of 29.5 feet
- Easily transition from smooth floors to carpeted surfaces with a quick click of the rocker switch
- A telescopic, stainless steel Wand and long electrical cord
- Automatic rewind
- Include three accessories: a Dusting Brush, Upholstery Tool and Crevice Nozzle
- Product Dimensions 16.9 x 9.8 x 9.1 inches
- Item Weight 14.8 lbs
- Nominal input power: 1.100w
- Filter bag 3.5 litres
- Cord length: 29.5 feet
- Retractable power cord super awesome
- Foot accessible on/ off switch
- Has several floor surface options for more specific cleaning styles
- Telescoping wand- get the cobwebs and baseboards
- A bit expensive
- The filter bag is small
- No powered attachments for this vacuum like no rotating floor brush or anything of that sort
8. Bissell 33A1 Pet Hair Eraser – Handheld Vacuum
The Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Hand Vac 33A1 is a powerful and convenient way to give any mess or dog hair a quick and easy clean-up.
With a contour nozzle, it picks up dirt and hair while also eliminating problem spots such as armrests, automobile interiors and upholstery.
Its hard nozzle effectively picks up dry messes like kitty litter, pet food and more to save you time and energy during your cleanup. The pet hair vacuum cleaner is lightweight and has an easy on/off switch for simple operation.
As a handheld vacuum, it has an easy-grip handle that makes it portable, it also has a multi-layer filtration system and works to keep your air cleaner and reduce allergens. The vacuum cleaner offers lightweight construction at less than 4 pounds.
Bissell recommends that its dirt container should be emptied after each use to ensure maximum suction performance. Other highlights include a 16-foot power cord with a cord-wrap system and the handheld vacuum cleaner carries a one-year limited warranty.
- Two specially designed nozzles (Flexible Contour Nozzle & Hard Nozzle)
- Multi-Level Filtration
- 16 ft Power cord
- Designed for quick cleaning of pet hair and dry messes
- 1-year limited warranty
- Surface Type: upholstery, auto, stairs
- Power Rating: 4 amps.
- Filtration: multi-layer filtration.
- The Bissell hand vac uses the Cyclonic Cleaning System.
- Weighs 5 lbs.
- 16′ power cord length.
- 1 Surface height setting
- Specialized rubber nozzle that attracts hair and pulls out dirt on areas such as stairs and upholstery
- Very affordable
- Effectively picks up dry messes on many surfaces
- Lightweight and mobile for those tasks for around the house
- Convenient for quick, easy cleanup
- Contour nozzle pulls out dirt and hair on areas such as stairs and upholstery
- Can get hot after a serious vacuuming
9. HOTOR Corded Vacuum – Car Vacuum for Pet Hair
The Hotor car vacuum come is a powerful tool that is very handy and easy to clean up dog hair and pick up dirt from a car. The vacuum has a powerful suction and its great for car interiors.
The HOTOR has a detachable head that makes it easy to dump the trash, a minimalistic LED lamp that ensures your cleaning work in all kinds of occasions (during the nighttime). Some attachments such as an extended tube, crevice nozzle, brush come with the machine to easy up cleaning.
The vacuum has a completely sealed system with a 2x stainless steel HEPA filter to trap dust and allergens and pet hairs. The filter is washable and durable.
- LED lamp
- Comes with an extra stainless steel HEPA filter
- Innovative detarchable head
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- Has a 16.4 ft. cord
- Package Dimensions: 14.9 x 5.2 x 5.2 inches
- Item Weight: 2.6 lbs
- Power: 106 Watts
- Color: Black and Red
- Compatibility: All Cars of 12V
- Filter Type & Qty: 2 x Stainless Steel HEPA Filter
- Cheap and less than $30
- The filter is washable after every serious vacuuming
- Has a powerful suction
10. BLACK+DECKER HLVA325JP07 – Pet Hand Vacuum
The BLACK+DECKER HLVA325JP07 allows you to de-fur furniture fast as a motorized brush grabs those stubborn pet hair off the furniture.
The vacuum has anti-tangle rubber bristles that quickly lift out hair trapped in deep in carpets and furniture.
The hand vacuum is made with a lightweight lithium ion battery that provides strong suction and guarantees long battery life with a cord-free convenience.
This vacuum has enough strength to power through Kitty litter, kibble and more with strong, long lasting suction. It offers two speeds which let you easily switch from sensitive applications such as vacuuming curtains to power boost mode with the push of a button.
The motorized pet head has rubber tines which help you to power through pet hair. It has a clear bag less dirt bowl that makes it easy to see dirt and easy to empty, and allows you to easily empty the dustbin without touching the dirt.
I really love the feature of a washable bowl and filter after any thorough cleaning. This hand vac has a pull-out extendable crevice tool for hard to reach areas, along with a Push-In brush for dusting and cleaning upholstery.
Designed with a wall mount that allows for a versatile storage solution, and a charging indicator light that notifies you when vacuum is charging and/or when it is fully charged. Also, a comfort handle that feels balanced in your hand while in use.
- Powered pet brush attachment
- Motorized pet head has rubber tines which help you to power through pet hair
- Washable pleated filter
- Designed with a wall mount for easy storage
- Extendable crevice tool
- 2 Years warranty
- Product Dimensions: 15.9 x 5.8 x 7.5 inches
- Item Weight: 2.4 lbs
- Dust Bowl Capacity: 500 ML
- AMP Hours: 1.5 AmH
- Air Watts: 15 AW
- Replacement Filter: VHPF10
- It is very light and easy on your arms
- Powerful suction at the nozzle for what it’s intended to pick up, and remains consistent
- Good sleek design and no tools to lose as the nozzle extension is built in along with a brush head
- The washable bowl and filter are easy to clean
- Can be used up to 10 minutes for one time charge
- The construction is not too sturdy so any significant drop on a hard surface will definitely cause it to crack
- 15AW Air Watts sense low
Best Dog Hair Vacuum 2019 – Buyers Guide
Before I get into making sure that you get the best vacuum to handle those fallen hairs, there are things you would need to know before jumping on to Amazon to buy one.
The market for dog hair vacuums is saturated and there are different types of vacuum you’ll want to be aware of before making a choice. Knowing the different types of vacuum would be a very important part of the process, of course, since each is uniquely suited for differing circumstances. They include;
- Canister Vacuum
- Handheld Vacuum
- Upright Vacuum
The Canister vacuums are a lot more high powered. They feature a relatively stationary base and a handle like that of an upright vacuum. This makes them awesome for cleaning both the floor and for getting up high (like removing cobwebs) when you need to.
The extra power that this vacuum has comes in handy when dealing with those stubborn pet hairs (particularly thick hair) and the design will allow you to take care of furniture fairly well. But, they tend to be more of a pain to use since you’ll be dragging the canister around behind you.
The best canister vacuums for your dog hair won’t cost you that much so they are worth the investment.
These are a relatively new innovation, and they definitely can help you to handle your pet’s hair falls. Handheld vacuum are the best for taking care of furniture and high places since they’re very lightweight and the good ones are powerful and come with different attachments.
Because of the small surface area of their suction power, they are more unsuitable for cars and furniture but can still be used for the floors.
These vacuums are best when it comes to handling the floor. They’re not very useful for furniture and pretty much useless if you need to get up high due to their design. It might surprise you, but there are some that are specifically designed to handle pet hair.
But, if handling the floor is your main reason of getting a vacuum, then getting an upright vacuum cleaner would be the best choice.
How to Choose Vacuum Cleaner for Your Dog’s Hair
There are some important things you need to look out for before spending your hard earn money on a vacuum and they include;
HEPA filters are something that you need to keep an eye for if you’re allergic or have someone that is suffering from an airborne dander. They will help to reduce it by storing the dirt and allow you easily dispose of it in a more comfortable way, although they won’t be entirely eliminated.
Corded or Cordless
This comes down to your choice and which one you would be more okay with. But, corded vacuums will tend to be more powerful, particularly with handhelds and they can also be a lot more cumbersome to use.
A cordless vacuum will give you the freedom to reach more areas and they are a lot more lightweight.
This is very important because some vacuum may not be designed to pick up pet hairs but may have an attachment for that. So, look over the attachments carefully, some of them are really just window dressing but others are absolutely essential for the proper amount of pet hair management.
Vacuums can be cheap and at the same time, some can be very expensive. It would be nice to stick to your budget, but if you’ve got the extra money then the higher end models are almost always worth it.
Final Words – Wrapping it Up
Considerably, the market for Dog Hair Vacuums has a lot of saturation, and finding the perfect vacuum to pick up your dog hair is not easy. That’s when lists like these come into play. This top 10 list of Dog hair vacuums kept in mind things such as the needs of a customer and how much they are willing to spend on to get a good vacuum.
We hope the list helps you pick the best vacuum for your dog’s hair according to your budget. Keep in mind, there’s no such thing as a “perfect” vacuum, which is why each vacuum is built for the needs of different consumers.
Within the list, there is a vacuum for budget oriented consumers and for those that have money to spend.